After upgrading magnolia 4.3.8 to magnolia 4.4.4 we noticed that if a user refresh a page on the browser sometimes she receives a malformed page or "hieroglyphics".
After a long analysis we discovered that:
- the malformed page is caused by a css that is transmitted to the browsers compressed with gzip instead of plain text. Using a sniffer we notices that the server, when send the compressed content to the browser, don't set a content encoding header.
- the hieroglyphics are a the html page compressed sent to the browser as plain text
All works fine if the user browse the page bypassing apache, directly to tomcat on port 8080.
To solve this issue we deleted all nodes under: