We're finally moving to Maven 3.x
Maven 3.2.3 fixes a bunch of issues we've had in the past:
- various (plugins, poms) inheritance related issues
- performance, to a certain extent
- scope:import can be simplified !
It is also needed for Nexus staging (
We'll need to
- adapt our parent poms and site generation (see
BUILD-19, BUILD-29, BUILD-148and BUILD-135)
- check a bunch of plugins, n particular the release plugin !
- check archetypes
- Maven settings: updated wiki at https://wiki.magnolia-cms.com/display/DEVINT/Maven+tips#Maventips-Settingsxml, we'll need to update https://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/display/DOCS/Maven+init
Most important changes from Maven 2 are documented at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes