Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: POMs 30
We're enabling release staging with SYS-444. Parent poms need some additions for this to work smoothly.
We'll probably add a profile to enable the feature "on demand" when releasing. In this first version, it'll be working for community and enterprise poms, but we might open it up for forge, projects and internal later.
We can't enable this profile by default until all other parent poms have a staging profile:
- profiles can't be activated by the presence of a Maven property (only system properties)
- if it was enabled by default, it'd be enabled for poms as well, which wouldn't work when releasing them, since some don't have a stagingProfileId (e.g only -community and -enterprise do).
- of course we could remember to do -P!staging when releasing poms
- It doesn't seem possible to "extend" a profile, i.e auto-activate it from a subpom.
- we'd have to do -P!staging for anything that doesn't have a staging profile
- but at the same time, such a release would fail relatively explicitly, where as a release for something that HAS a stagingProfileId would work (as long as it doesn't depend on something that's currently staged)
|Enable the staging profile by default||Closed|