There's currently module installation instructions in several places and of differing levels of details. While the STK installation instructions for the bundle distribution are very detailed, but target only Tomcat, the generic module instructions could be more specific depending on which platform and app server you install on.
While working on
MAGNOLIA-3387, we've added a specific installation link to every README for of a module, pointing to the module description in the reference section of the Magnolia documentation site I'm thus assigning this issue a somewhat high priority since these README files already create some visibility.
We discussed the following improvements:
- create a more detailed, generic module installation description, similar to STK installation instructions, but targeting all typical platforms and app servers
- reference this description from all installation instructions of every individual module
- remove all inaccurate and no longer applicable instructions at the same time.
- STK installation instructions for the bundle: e.g. for Windows: http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/administration/installation/ce/ce-windows.html#InstalltheSupersonictemplatingbundle
- Generic module instructions: http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/modules.html
- Module instructions for e.g. the LDAP connector module: http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/modules/ldap.html#Installation