The Restore command does not restore the selected version. It sometimes restores the "latest" version instead. The Restore button is only enabled when you select a list item but the command does not act on the selected item.
To reproduce, first build a version history:
- Edit a page. Make a change you that can identify later, for example change the first word on the page to "Monday".
- Activate the page. Set the workflow comment to "Monday".
- Repeat two times using "Tuesday" and "Wednesday". Now you have a basic version history, see version-history.png
Then restore the first version:
- Select the first version (Monday) and click Restore.
- The system creates a new version of the content and adds it to the list, see 1st-versioning.png
Issue: The system displays a message "Successfully restored latest version", see message.png. But that's not what you selected. You selected the first version (Monday).
- Select Monday again and click Restore.
- This time the system versions the content you selected (Monday) and applies the correct workflow comment, see 2nd-versioning.png
The problem is that the system responds differently to the same user action. First it versions the latest version (Wednesday), then the user-selected version (Monday).