Affects Version/s: 5.6.7, 5.7.1
Fix Version/s: None
The input came from Deutschebahn DB in my last training, they will need it in their project.
Our 'System i18n' implementation allows to translate everything seen by the author in admin central:
- labels of Actions
- labels & descriptions of form fields
But there is one big missing piece:
The 'title' of a template definition (pages & components).
Here a screen overview of what is translate able (yellow) and what not (red):
- Page's browser app: looking at a website tree
- Page's browser app: creating a new page / choosing a page template
- Page's detail app: existing components on a page
- Page's detail app: adding a new components / choosing a component template
- Page's detail app: Area names on a page
The same logic could be applied to the property 'title' of a template definition as its used for 'label' and 'description' in other places:
"If there is no title defined in a template definition, resolve the auto generated key in a message bundle file."
This one is a bit harder as the default area definition does not have a title set usually -> suddenly everywhere a i18n key would appear on the area green bars.
Here I would reverse the logic:
- if no 'title' defined then behave as now -> use the area name
- if a title is defined one can add manually a i18n key which gets:
- first resolved in a message bundle file and if not resolvable then used as static string