Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 2.0.2
Fix Version/s: None
Requirement: get the
public URL to an asset (image, document) in DAM.
- Use an image in external page such as in an email.
- Feed document URLs to a search engine to index the document content.
- Feed a DAM folder URL to a search engine to index the content of documents in that folder.
- Today there is no easy way to get link to an asset. I want to do this directly in the Assets app. There should be a way to copy the asset link to the clipboard when browsing assets and when previewing an asset.
- Even if you remove ".imaging/portrait", cache extension and add "jcr:" in front of uuid in the current URL you cannot get a link because the uuid is different.
- The Download asset action is not a button you could right-click and copy the link. It's just a <span> probably handled by Vaadin. The image preview in Edit asset dialog is something else with a different URL which includes "...APP/connector..."
To work around the requirement I had to create new page and put there download links to my asset and then copy URLs from this page. I don't think so that this is most user friendly option :/
Only to be able copy link from "download asset" button will be enough