There might be situations where variant resolving might be triggered when in AdminMode (in the PageEditor or in PreviewApp without explicitly setting preview parameters). For example:
- variant-0 (trait: date=today)
- variant-1 (trait: userAgent=Firefox) (using Firefox for preview)
In the above two cases it shouldn't be possible to edit the mainNode as variants will be resolved.
- Prevent info.magnolia.personalization.trait.AbstractTraitDetectorFilter to set the Trait in the TraitCollector when in AdminMode.
- Prevent info.magnolia.personalization.filter.VariantResolverFilter to resolve variants when in AdminMode.
What is AdminMode?
- Authoring mode, i.e. editing a page in PageEditor (EditMode)
- Admin instance? (PreviewFilter should still work)
- In PreviewApp we want to maintain variant resolution!
But we don't to resolve a variation without specified parameters (e.g. opening the preview app)- This should be fixed in the follow up ticket MGNLPN-131.