Should use the new magnolia-resource-loader module from main, and in particular use the LayeredOrigin which implements the unified resource-loading cascade.
Is expected to replace ClasspathSpool servlet and be similarly mapped to /.resources.
Random thoughts/things to clarify:
Processed resources What to do with Resource#modelClass What to do with nested processed resources as sub-nodes (e.g. sample-css) Encourage additional generators as filters (e.g. Sass)
Security: What should the servlet be allowed to serve?
- restriction e.g. to serve css/js, not serve ftls, yamls
- relevant for the whole resource-loading cascade
- should leave it to URI security where applicable
- apparently ok /.resources is cached in production mode
- Deprecate ResourceLoaders
- Single resource handle for fresh installs
- Still support /resources with meaningful warnings otherwise
|Integration test for ResourcesServlet||Closed|