The RestDispatcherServlet is tightly coupled to RESTEasy. The servlet class itself extends from such proprietary class. In addition, as an outcome of
MGNLREST-82, we might have an alternate Jersey-based servlet.
We may reconsider where the RESTEasy/Jersey integration takes place. Ideally the logic of refreshing endpoints from the registry should be extracted to a proper, standard Application class; while config may use default filters provided by RESTEasy or Jersey's respective servlet integration libs.
Original summary: Extract resteasy from rest-integration
- Remove dependency to resteasy from rest-integration pom
- Add magnolia-rest-resteasy impl module instead
- just for provisioning a JAX-RS implementation at runtime (e.g. for tomcat)
- see also
- Re: Java EE stack FYI: https://www.slideshare.net/khasunuma/java-eewebprofile-75404485
- Option A. try to replace resteasy-specifics in the RestDispatcherServlet
- with servlet APIs or Magnolia APIs
- see also ServletDispatchingFilter, RequestDispatchUtil)
- Option B. relocate RestDispatcherServlet to the new module