We want to have an "empty tab bar" to ensure that the close icon and other (future) icons next to it look better aligned.
Please do the following:
- add a empty tab bar using slightly darker gray background.
- Do not use lines to border it or to separate it from the where the main tab would be.
- If the result looks to strong, try to use a gradient from the gray of the app panel to the gray of the empty tab bar, which starts and ends in the first third of the empty tab bar.
- The resulting bar shouldn't be as dark as the tab bar is when there actually is a tab to not eat into the overall, generous appearance. It should just be discernible from the background
- you might also want to try with a slightly lighter gray instead and check back with me. I doubt it will work, but we should have a look at it.
- as a last option, we can show a thin gray or white line extending from where the main tab will end to the right edge of the panel. I want to avoid this, however, since our design does not use lines instead for grouping purposes.
Our new color scheme gives us slightly more options when choosing grays: http://wiki.magnolia-cms.com/display/UX/Style+guides+for+visual+design#Styleguidesforvisualdesign-ColorschemeforMagnolia