Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 5.4.3
Evaluate technical options and decide on one.
Current caveat: We merely expect form items to be JcrNewNodeAdapter to apply default values.
- doesn't work for nodes created "upfront" (e.g. page or optional area nodes, as opposed to component nodes)
- doesn't apply very well to non-JCR content:
- see the dirty logic in info.magnolia.ui.form.field.factory.AbstractFieldFactory#setPropertyDataSourceAndDefaultValue
- see info.magnolia.ui.vaadin.integration.ItemAdapter#isNew
- Use some metadata to denote an "autogenerated" node, that has not been edited yet
- Compare createdDate and lastModifiedDate (careful about shortcomings)
- Denote at UI-framework/API level when a form/dialog should be presented as 'new'
- as opposed to the first two options, it would not apply only to JCR