In the full-screen edit view:
- We show all key editing bars right away:
- the page edit bar at the top,
- the edit bars of the first level of elements in the middle and
- the status bar at the bottom.
- The Action bar is hidden by default.
As is the case with the "Preview as visitor" app, if you collapse the Action bar, we'll hide it away entirely. If you expand the Action bar, it floats on top of content.
Edit bars are not floating above the content, but are shown in-line, together with the content. The focus of this view is less on a pixel-perfect rendering of the page, as that’s what the preview is for. Instead, we want to make sure we show a) all content that can be edited and don’t cover it with bars, and b ) clearly mark it with bars. It’s thus ok for the bars to take away some of the available height and width.
Clicking on the „close full-screen“ view takes you to the framed editor showing the same page (see illustrated interface flow here).