- A screen reader cannot navigate to a combobox (dropdown) field. It jumps from the field label directly into to the context sensitive help button that is after the field. Possible causes:
- Dropdown field is input type=text while it should be input type=select.
- Dropdown field is aria-readonly="true" while it should be editable.
- Dropdown field HTML contains no option values but the visible field does.
Provide instructions how to use native select elements, an option with Vaadin, to substitute the current combobox elements if the combobox cannot be made screen reader friendly.
Context sensitive help:
- Help text is not recognized by screen reader. The reader cannot speak it. Bind the help text to the corresponding field with an ARIA attribute.
Rich text field (CKEditor)
- The rich text field label is not bound to the correct input element. The field consists of two nested divs. Both divs have an aria-labelledby property. The outer div has the correct value but the inner field has a wrong value aria-labelledby="cke_editor1_arialbl". The screen reader doesn't speak anything because the reference points to a non-existing label. (screenshot). This is a bug. Try to fix CKEditor on our side. Remove the wrong ARIA attribute.