We have quite a number of sites, editors and assets in our Magnolia instances. We have asset folders for different sites, subfolders for subsites, etc. Our editors are complaining that life is hard when selecting an asset for use on a page: it takes a lot of clicks to get to the folder the asset is in, the interface doesn't remember the last used location and favorites are no solution either, because they are not available in the dialog that is used to choose an asset.
Make favorites available in chooser dialogs.
- Create a new Favorites view.
- Allow users to configure the Favorites view in any workbench.
- Model the Favorites view visually as a tree where favorite=node and group=folder.
- In the Favorites view, only display favorites for the relevant workspace. For example, when the user opens a chooser dialog for the dam workspace, only show DAM favorites.
- In the Favorites view, only display the current user's favorites, not favorites from other users.