Currently validation error messages are returned directly from the error source, it is not possible to translate them.
As customers want to translate the user interface, they also want these error messages to be translated.
Here is the original request from the Suggestion Box ticket:
- Using TextField and the "type" property (e.g. Long)
- - name: navSortOrder
- class: info.magnolia.ui.form.field.definition.TextFieldDefinition
- type: Long
- Editor enters some invalid data like "aaa"
- Error message "Could not convert value to Long" is shown
- This error message cannot be translated
There should be a way to change this error message.
- Dev note
ConfiguredFieldValidatorDefinition - needs to be marked i18nable. Key should not be hardcoded.