Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Create a floating action bar.
Reasons and benefits
- Current action bar takes quite a lot of screen real estate.
- Floating transparent action bar allows the user to see more of the page design.
- A floating palette is a common pattern in design applications such as InDesign.
- You can drag the action bar to any position within the subapp to move it out of your way.
- It's unobtrusive but is there when you need it.
- Action bar has 2 modes
- Docked to the side (current)
- Floating (new)
- Both modes have expanded and collapsed states.
- Floating action bar can dragged within the subapp.