With 6.2.3. The linkField has changed to be a combo field instead of simple text field as before.
The advantage of having a select field is …
- ability to have different datasources in linkfield out of the box (JCR, JSON or any other custom apps)
- configurable item captions
- filtering of items, not able to write a non-existing link/path
- the field is backed by the same datasource as the chooser (no code duplication)
However having the select field causes some UX issues
- If filtering=false, the field is a combo with one empty item. This is confusing for the user. To clear the entry rather add a clear icon in the field (like in the tokenField).
The order of suggestions while typing is not logical. So in a long list it is still difficult to find an item. And there is no other way now.- MGNLUI-6483 Setting a path manually is not working( MGNLUI-6483)
- Fix UX issues for the select field; mock-ups are available here: https://preview.uxpin.com/3aee72911c237ede5dc333d5e9d1855fccabd312#/pages/133193110/simulate
- Add icon to clear entry
- If showOptions=false do not show any dropdown
- If showOptions=true make it clear it's a dropdown (arrow)
Put auto-suggestions in a logical order( MGNLUI-6483)
- Two modes: textInputAllowed true or false