Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 3.0.0
Documentation update required:Yes
Sprint:Kromeriz 136, Kromeriz 137
We want to reduce the migration pain as much as possible for developers, and provide them with a relatively good experience.
We have two main migration scenarios - the config file & the prototypes - best that developer tackles them both at once.
Whenever we notice an out of date configuration, we should notify the developer in a consistant way. Now we have two detection mechanisms that do different things - one for the jumpstart command, and one for the create commands.
(We need to know the documentation heading for migration to v3. placeholder used below.)
- Create commands should change INFO to ERR "Prototype directory structure has changed in version >= 3.0.0."
- Docs link should link directly to the migration topic (which still needs to be created). Reason: Ideally user should migrate config file and prototypes at same time.
- Execution should stop so user does not get the later "_default" does not exist. Reason - user should focus on the migration and not get confused by other stuff.
- Also show error about v3 when trying to run "create-light-module"
- Should have similar syntax to the create commands and should also point to magnoila docs.
- I would remove the how-to tips and the long json snippet, because migration has gotten more complicated - ie they should also remove the big "lightDevFoldersInModule" which is no longer used. They should just go to the docs to learn how to migrate with a best-practice procedure. (which we can easily tune cause its in docs!)
Current create command output
Current jumpstart command output: